Here in this article, i will be showing you how to root your Oukitel u20 plus phone to enjoy the benefit of a rooted Android device. But before we begin, lets quickly look into detail specs. of Oukitel u20 plus.
Oukitel U20 plus is a 4G LTE 5.5 inch FHD (1080×1920 Pixels) Android midrange smartphone with metal body design from Oukitel running on marshmallow 6.0 OS. The device comes with Quad-Core 1.5gHz ARM Cortex-A53, MediaTek MT6737T chipset, ARM Mali-T720 MP2 GPU, 13 Megapixels with LED and AF Rear Camera and also 5 Megapixel Front camera, 3,300mAH battery. In terms of memory, the Oukitel u20 plus boast of 2GB ram and 16GB internal storage expandable to 32GB via SD Card.
- Working USB cable
- ADB and USB Vcom driver installed to your PC. See detailed how to easily install adb and usb vcom drivers to your pc. If your PC is running on windows 8, 8.1 and 10, goto how to install adb and vcom drivers to windows 8, 8.1 and windows 10 pc.
- Latest version Sp Flashtool. Download here
- TWRP recovery and scatter file for oukitel u20 plus. Download here
- SuperSu v2.79.zip file. Download here
We will be installing twrp recovery first which we will be using in rooting oukitel u20 plus
1. Download and extract sp flashtool to another folder in your PC desktop
2. Also download and extract twrp recovery to another folder in your desktop to find MT6737T_Android_scatter and recovery.img
3. Now, goto sp flashtool folder, locate and launch “flash_tool.exe” as seen from below image
4. You will be welcomed with Sp flashtool friendly playground
5. Simply locate “Scatter_loading file” and click on “choose”.
6. After that, a small window will popup. Locate twrp and scatter file folder you made and simply double click on MT6737T_Android_scatter which will then automatically load twrp recovery image file to sp flashtool.
7. In sp flashtool, change “Download only” to “Firmware upgrade” and hit the green “DOWNLOAD” button.
8. Now switch off your phone completely and plug it to your PC to begin installation of twrp recovery to your Oukitel u20 plus
9. Once done, you should see and OK as below image.
Thats it, you have successfully installed twrp recovery to your oukitel u20 plus. Now heading to rooting guide.
How to root Oukitel u20 Plus
- Download SuperSu v2.79.zip and place in both root of internal storage and sd card.
- Switch off your phone and boot to twrp recovery mode. press and hold Volume down + Power button for 5 seconds and then navigate to recovery mode and select it to enter twrp recovery mode.
- In twrp recovery, select keep read only and then click “Install” and locate SuperSu.zip file and proceed to install
After installation, reboot your phone.
Thats it, you have finally rooted your Oukitel u20 plus. Download and install root checker app from playstore to verify root status.